Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fedora Core 10: Disable SELinux

Hi folks.
Not really know why SELinux does not allow to me run some of my applications. Then, I had asked one of my seniors about this problem, he suggested to disable the SELinux running in my Linux Fedora core 10. Then I have disabled the SELinux, which I have shown below.

Firstly: Edit this file ( /etc/selinux/config )
vim /etc/selinux/config
or any of your text editors like vi or nano whatever
vi /etc/selinux/config

Secondly: Now you will see a line like this: "SELINUX=enforcing".
There are three options in that file, options are enforcing, premissive, disabled
Now, set the option as: SELINUX=disabled

Finally: Reboot or re-login the system.

you can do this from /boot/grub/grub.conf in fedora core 7, but this can not be done in fc 10 (fedora 10)

Enjoy

No comments:

Post a Comment